Conducts mission and program specific real time spacecraft and satellite flight operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases. Develops detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites. Provides technical direction for on-orbit mission support, plans for critical vehicle malfunctions and recommends alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support. Conducts failure analysis of the performance of the orbiting satellites via telemetry data.
- Work with a Mission Operations Lead to develop, review, and validate mission operations procedures, scripts, and telemetry pages in support of commercial, civil, and defense programs.
- Work with a Mission Operations Lead to develop and review mission operations documentation to be both used internally as well as delivered to the customer.
- Works with a Mission Operations Lead to develop and review training material to be both used internally as well as delivered to the customer.
- May witness or support spacecraft testing in the factory.
- Coordinates with systems and subsystems engineers to obtain technical inputs for operations documentation & procedures
- Supports simulations, rehearsals, and other test activities.
- Supports 24 hour flight operations during Launch & Early Orbit, spacecraft commissioning, and long-term operations (depending on the mission requirements).
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (campus organizations, clubs, student organizations, community service)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
A prospect, regardless of age and hiring source must meet all
of the below criteria:
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite)
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays in support of on-orbit operations is required
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to read and interpret scripted languages (e.g. PERL, Python, STOL) is preferred, but not required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777093Posted: 2020-05-21