Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Sunnyvale, CA. The Quality Analyst will support the Quality & Mission Excellence organization within the Marine Systems business unit at the Sunnyvale California location; a key element of the Maritime/Land Systems & Sensors (MLSS) Division. Marine Systems designs, builds, tests, and supports Power & Propulsion Systems and Launch Systems for the US Navy and allies of the US. Relocation assistance may be available. Some teleworking may be considered
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Specification Compliance Reviews
- Perform First Article Inspections per AS9102 (or equivalent) and hardware Source Inspections.
- Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause
and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
- Document part non-conformances based on information provided by suppliers
- Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and capable.
- Analyze part drawings and specifications and flow down quality requirements to suppliers via
Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products to specifications and on time
- Perform Supplier performance management by analyzing performance data, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and reports.
- Be able to analyze and present data to Management and Mission Assurance Director.
- Provide Supplier quality guidance and support to projects and processes
- Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM Field
5+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement
Experience with Mechanical products manufacturing processes
Experience in manufacturing special processes
Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
Presentation and data packaging skills
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
Familiarity with ASNT Standard Topical Outlines for Qualification of (NDT) Nondestructive Testing
Experience with MIL-STD-271, MIL-STD-2035, & MIL-STD-278
Six Sigma or Lean certifications
Experience with statistical process control, auditing to ISO 9001
Experience with measurement analysis methods.
PMP trained or certified
ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777126Posted: 2020-05-21