At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is currently seeking an experienced SeniorPrincipal International Trade Compliance Analyst
to provide leadership in the field of export and import compliance to the Flight Systems Group within NGIS. Location of employment is Clearfield, Utah.Role Description and Responsibilities:
The role of the International Trade Compliance Analyst is to advise and support the Flight Systems Group's trade compliance function supporting operations regarding U.S. Government export and import regulations. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for Flight Systems Group (FSG). This Import/Export Analyst position is considered an experienced position and the following list of responsibilities are conducted under the direct oversite and guidance of the Manager of ITC for FSG.
Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- Under the direction of the Manager of ITC, helps provide guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).
- Under the guidance of the Manager of ITC, supports FSG division with general export/import control services.
- Assists in integrating licensing strategies to obtain necessary export and import authorizations to support full compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Provides key information to the FSG ITC Manager to support U.S. Government interface.
- Provides input in developing export and import internal control plans and helps conduct proviso reviews and proviso briefings.
- Establishes operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Supports investigations and resolution of compliance concerns, questions, or complaints. Establishes and maintains training and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participates in presenting functional, and program specific trade compliance training.
- Deliver Consultative services for complex export authorization strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally (Global Supply Chain, Contracts, Security, Traffic and Logistics, Program Management, Business Development, Engineering, etc.) to accomplish program, division, sector, and company goals.
- Knowledge in classification of all imported and exported articles under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) or Schedule B, and assist in the submission of ruling requests when necessary.
- Gives input to traffic and logistics personnel in preparing and processing import and export documentation for international shipment transactions utilizing OCR EASE application and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection ACE system.
- Support with freight forwarders, customs brokers, carriers, and foreign customers to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and timely execution of import and export shipments. Support the provision of entry and exit instructions to customs brokers, freight forwarders, and carriers for customs clearance formalities.
- Maintain files and records and develop reports/metrics as required by company procedures and government regulations. Ensure accuracy of data, conduct reviews and audits of import/export records.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in Export Licensing and/or Compliance; 8 years with a Master's Degree.
- Knowledgeable in ITAR, EAR and other US Government Regulations required.
- Understanding of Schedule B / HTS, USMLs, and ECCNs.
- Exposure to the ACE database.
- Familiarity with shipping/supply chain inner workings and documentation; including exports and imports.
- IT systems skill in operation of compliance automation (SAP/GTS, EEMS/OCR EASE, IDCAS (or equivalent).
- Analyze/develop innovative solutions to complex situations, both independently and in teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience.
- Security Clearance, or ability to obtain one.
- Prefer candidate be proficient in both Import/ Export compliance and logistics processes.
- Familiar with EEI submissions in ACE and ability to navigate within ACE to correct or modify EEI records and prepare import/export reports.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including giving group presentations and training.
- Strong ability to support teams.
- Possess skills necessary to build teamwork.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to pay attention to detail, prioritize and make both independent and coordinated decisions.
- Demonstrates learning agility in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in Export Licensing and/or Compliance; 8 years with a Master's Degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.