At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Radiation Effects Engineer/Analyst 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Radiation Effects Engineer 5 will perform analysis of systems, circuits and components in support of design development. This position will define threat environments and assess hardware designs under radiation & man-made effects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in hostile threat environment definition and nuclear weapons effects. SGEMP and prompt dose rate test experience is welcome.
Additional responsibilities may include some of the following: project leadership, design review presentation, ground shock modeling, electromagnetic pulse modeling, debris impact, radiation transport, shielding and shadowing analysis, simulation of electronic components relative to radiation effects, parameter degradation, performing part evaluations, and single event effects.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 14+ years of engineering experience in aerospace radiation effects OR
- 12+ years of experience with a Master's Degree OR
- 9+ years experience with a PhD
- Practical working experience with nuclear environment modeling and nuclear weapons effects
- Technical experience in radiation effects analysis, shielding analysis, and survivability analysis
- Active, in-scope DoD Secret, SCI or DoE Q clearance
- Master's Degree in Physics, Applied Physics, or Nuclear Engineering
- Experience in MCNP & SGEMP highly desired
- Experience developing software / writing code in Fortran, Java, C++, C#
- Experience with one or more of the following codes: MCNP, ITS, CEPXS/ONELD, THTK, WinGS, SREMPTAPS, XEUS, SLAPEM and EM-1
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.