Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Engineer Guidance Nav Ctrl. This position will be located at our Aerospace Systems Sector in Melbourne, Florida.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Northrop Grumman's Vehicle Engineering organization. The selected candidate will design, develop, implements, verifiy and test algorithms and software and simulation tools to perform guidance, navigation and control of aircraft, spacecraft, submersibles, surface ships, missiles, launch vehicles and upper stages during powered and coast phases of launch, flight, earth orbit, interplanetary cruise and orbital insertion, as well as during staging events.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Navigate functions that include the statistical processing of measured data points and their substitution into algorithms simulating physical reality.
- Guidance functions that include the formulation of specific equations to achieve a desired position, orientation or orbit in space.
- Control design and analyze processes that consist of the development of the control laws and hardware and software requirements for aircraft, launch vehicles and/or spacecraft.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Master's degree from an accredited institution or be completing or has completed their Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and has 2 years of engineering experience.
- Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher.
- Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com