At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group within Integrated Operations is seeking an experienced Senior Principal Systems Engineer to join the Ground System team to work with DOD Customers. The ideal candidate must have the ability to understand and define ground interface, security and infrastructure requirements for MMSOC/EGS/Enterprise Ground Solutions by defining, adapting and deploying ground Software and communication systems required to operate the mission (pre-launch, post-launch).
Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end Satellite ground systems. Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for ground networks and End-to-End ground systems to Support Mission Operations, RFP / Proposals, post win ground operation development, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
He or she may be responsible for developing and configuring ground software operation baselines - to include scripts, mission templates, command / telemetry database baselines, and developing Space-Ground ICDs. In addition, responsibilities may include coordinating and conducting PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT ground segment support activities.
Product Deliveries include: Space-Ground ICD, Command and Telemetry Databases,
Emulator/Flastsat/Simulator baseline control.
This position my be performed in the any of the following locations: Dulles, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Albuquerque, NM, Chandler, AZ, Houston, TX
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Designing, developing, building, and operating satellite control centers
• Familiarity / experience with MMSOC and EGS compliant Satellite ground systems
• Ground support equipment - FEP's, Crypto hardware, Modems, routers, firewalls, Servers / workstations, Linux, MS
• Connections to external customers, entities, and RF terminals
• Developing program specific ground ICDs per program
• Developing ground architecture based on program requirements
• Hold weekly / regular meetings with ground stakeholders
• Coordinate end-to-end testing with vehicles during the I&T phase
• Ground segment requirements management and development
• Ground software design and configuration for Telemetry Tracking - Command & Control and Mission Planning
• Ground terminal design.
• Space Vehicle to Ground and Ground to Space communication design, implementation & testing.
• Ground to Ground network communications design, implementation & testing
• Ability to support / lead Ground Segment proposal sections
Systems Engineer - Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 3-14+ Years of experience.
•Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance (having an active or current Top Secret/SSBI is highly preferred).
•Experience with Ground Based Systems (space or satellite knowledge highly preferred).
•Experience developing architecture based on program requirements.
•Knowledge of networking software and hardware systems.
•Familiarity with Air Force ground control centers
•Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
•DoD Security Experience
oCybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec - 5205.02
oRisk Management Framework - 8510.01
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.