At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking an Electrical Application Support Analyst at its Redondo Beach, CA location. This position will support multiple Digital Engineering application instances within the Northrop Grumman enterprise. This position can be hired as a Level 2, or Level 3/Principal depending upon individual years of experience and education.
The selected candidate will provide maintenance and support of digital software including verification, implementation, IP libraries & VIP libraries as well as addressing end-user incidents and requests for assistance within agreed service level guidance in support of business and IT priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and support the 3 major vendors applications ( Mentor, Synopsys, Candence)
- Maintain and support the 3 FPGA manufacturers ( Xilinx, Altera(INTEL), Actel(Microsemi))
- Administration of ASIC Libraries of digital design applications
- End-user technical support of digital applications including, in support of development and production environments.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
- Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting Digital instances.
- Maintain and support Virtual license server in Linux using FLEXLM.
Basic Qualifications for Level 2:
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant IT professional experience; 0 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree. (Appropriate combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
• 3 years of experience supporting Mentor, Synopsys or Candence, or equivalent applications with similar functions and capabilities.
• Proven track record supporting Digital software in a Linux environment.
• Experience with digital application support and incident resolution.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Level:
•Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant IT professional experience; 3 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree. (Appropriate combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement)
• 5 years of experience supporting Mentor, Synopsys or Candence, or equivalent applications with similar functions and capabilities.
•Proven track record supporting Digital software in a Linux environment.
•Experience with digital application support and incident resolution.
•Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities in ASIC and FPGA applications.
•Fluent in at least one computer programming language.
•Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777315Posted: 2020-05-21