At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group within Integrated Operations is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join the Integrated Operations team to work with DOD Customers. The Network Engineer should have a strong understanding of systems and network operations centers. Successful candidates are schedule driven and data driven with the ability to simultaneously focus on short term objectives and long term imperatives. He or She must have a "can-do" attitude, are solutions oriented, high energy, problem solvers, information and team integrators, decisive, and closure-drivers.
This position may be performed in any of the following locations; Dulles, VA; Chandler, AZ, Albuquerque, NM, Colorado Springs, CO, Houston, TX
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Design and plans network communications systems.
• Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
• Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
• Conduct testing of network design.
• Maintain System configuration control over SW/HW.
• Version/configurations (network/computing/applications, automated environment creation.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluate and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Writing program specific ground ICDs per program.
• System monitoring configuration/sustainment (Nagios).
• Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end ground systems.
• Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for networks and End-to-End systems to Support Mission Operations, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
• Contribute to system PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT activities.
• Product Deliveries include: ICDs, Emulator/Simulator baseline control, test plans, network diagrams, integration/deployment work instructions, production and test system hardware (e.g. networks).
• Must work collaboratively in a team environment across engineering disciplines to accomplish mission goals.
• Coordinating end-to-end system testing during the I&T phase
• Segment end-to-end architecture design, requirements, management and development.
• Must excel in a fast-paced mission focused environment.
Network Engineer - Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 3-14+ years of experience, 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
•Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance (an active or current Top Secret/SSBI is highly preferred).
•Must have experience designing, developing, building, testing and maintaining network and computing infrastructure.
•Must have experience identifying systems anomalies and troubleshooting (network/custom applications/COTS software/server infrastructure).
•Must have knowledge of virtualization sustainment/maintenance.
•Must have hands-on experience with Networks to include technology such as: switches/routers/firewalls; RF appliances: modems, spectrum analyzers; computing infrastructure: Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
•Experience supporting ground based systems and/or space/satellite systems
•Certifications: CompTIA Security + or equivalent
•Linux experience (user level)
•Virtualization (vSphere ESXi)
•DoD Satcom Security Experience:
oCybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec - 5205.02
oRisk Management Framework - 8510.01
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.