At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking Technician Team Supervisor (TTS) position
to provide leadership to our Test Operations Instrumentation team at our Promontory, UT
Location. Role description & Responsibilities:
The Technician Team Supervisor leads a team of technicians performing various testing activities including installing and setup of rocket motors into test stands. Instrumentation and setup of data acquisition systems and executing static tests. Flex-seal acceptance testing, igniter static testing and various structural tests. Work will involve integration tasks across the plant following work instructions and referring to product drawings/blue prints. Responsibilities of the position include:
Qualifications :Experience Requirements:
- Enforce all PPE and safety requirements in your facilities. Know who is in your area and what they are doing. Assure SIS activates and work area checklists are complete.
- Assure the work being performed is per planning and time cards are up to date.
- Know ESI, EPIC and the quality system.
- Ensure technicians are trained to perform the work expected of them and provide mentoring / training for less experienced technicians. Assure your team's training is up to date.
- Ownership of multiple facilities and the day to day activities associated with the Test Operations Department.
- Uses and is responsible for tracking calibration and location of various technical tools and property.
- Develop work plans with assignments to ensure work is accomplished to schedule and workloads are balanced
- Take on responsibilities for special projects as assigned by the Manager and plan scope and schedule with little or no direction
- Manage the work center by ensuring supplies and tools are available when needed and the facilities are clean and safe.
- Ensure annual objectives are specified in support of department and company objectives.
- Provide continuous feedback on performance (reward, coach and discipline)
- Perform Manager work as assigned
Competencies for Success:
- 6 years of experience working in a testing environment, to include experience in a leadership role.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
These are items that a candidate should have acquired through their experiences or education that they can demonstrate through the interview process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project (plan scope, budget, and schedule)
- Demonstrated ability to coach less senior technicians
- Demonstrated capability to lead other engineering technicians
- Highly proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products.
- Associates Degree, in technical field
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.