At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Materials and Process Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA with in the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence (PAICoE) organization.
The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing, researching, and developing materials and their related application processes for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
The candidate will apply principles of chemistry, physics, and material science to investigate material issues and provide solutions.
The selected candidate will also provide support to multiple aircraft programs in both unclassified and classified environments; be responsible for the integration of advanced materials such as metals, coatings and elastomers.
The candidate will work in a team environment with other engineering organization performing detailed technical reviews of drawings, specifications and manufacturing plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or other STEM degree with 7 years of experience or a Master's in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science or other STEM degree with 5 years of experience.
- Experience working with composite pre-pregs, honeycombs, and adhesive materials; Fabrication, assembly, and repair processes for aircraft composite structures.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience preparing and presenting oral and written reports
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777422Posted: 2020-05-21