Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation. At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history; they are making history.Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced personnel with P-3 aircraft background to support a contingent maintenance program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Jacksonville, FL. The CBP P-3 fleet is comprised of Airborne Early Warning (AEW) and Long Range Tracker (LRT) high-endurance, all-weather, tactical turbo-prop aircraft. The P-3 aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated sensor equipment, i.e., radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we need you to join us as a P-3 Maintenance Control Shift Supervisor. This position is located at Cecil Field, FL.Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:1. High School Diploma and a minimum of 9 years of multi-engine transport category aircraft experience with 3 years in a documented supervisor position with oversite to troubleshoot P-3 aircraft mechanical, engine, and propeller systems. 2. Current FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) license/certification.3. Experience maintaining detailed records of the inspections performed, repairs finished, maintenance procedures and parts ordered.4. Experience using Microsoft Applications (Windows, Word, and Excel).5. Ability to work any assigned shift and overtime as needed.6. A current Secret Security clearance. 7. Ability to successfully complete a Department of Homeland Security Background Investigation.Preferred Qualifications:1. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Aviation management.2. Basic understanding of general avionics equipment and troubleshooting.3. Ability to troubleshoot, isolate problems, an repair all P-3 aircraft mechanical, electrical, engine and propeller systems including avionics. 4. Experience with P-3 aircraft in the structural repair, fabrication, modification and installation of sheet metal parts, items, and assemblies.5. Experience with P-3 engine turn qualification.6. Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent.
- Provide supervision and direction to aircraft maintenance personnel in carrying out aircraft maintenance functions as required maximizing efficiency and minimizing work hours and errors.
- Ensure assigned aircraft maintenance work is performed properly and is legibly documented.
- Monitor and control project materials and maintenance labor expenses with regard to overtime requirements and limitations, according to instructions, plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Oversee the correct use of tools and equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently, properly, and safely.
- Serve as liaison with other departments to ensure proper coordination of support efforts and availability of required information.
- Ensure work progress is accurately documented on non-routine or routine paperwork to include stamps, signatures, and references per local SOPs.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and control of aircraft visibility work boards, which indicate work remaining and work in progress.
- Review estimates for all non-routine maintenance documents and communicates any major defects or findings to Management.
- Initiate and recommend approval of personnel actions including PTO, pay changes, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and leaves of absence.
- Interview, select, and/or recommend hire of employees. Provide appropriate training for departmental personnel.
- Document, report, and investigate all accidents in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures with regard to all department functions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777541Posted: 2020-05-21