Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates digital electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for digital electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support product development.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
Candidate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, plus 10 years' experience as a FPGA design engineer concentrating on the development, performance modeling, end-to-end simulation and implementation of digital data acquisition and control circuits for flight hardware and ground support equipment (GSE). Will work on a variety of platforms including Microsemi (Actel) and Xilinx FPGAs, and high performance computing systems. Candidate must have experience with VHDL coding, microprocessors, analog to digital converters, analog multiplexers and digital subsystems.
Candidate will work in Northrop Grumman's Space Technical Services Business Unit at Beltsville, MD supporting various flight and ground systems equipment (GSE) programs. Candidates may be required to work on-site at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, Md., and/or the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years' experience with strong FPGA design (Verilog/VHDL code) skills needed to implement and lead complex designs for flight and GSE hardware programs.
- Experience with embedded systems, firmware, development tools, microcontrollers and power management for Digital Signal Processing (DSP), embedded processing, ASIC prototyping, and memory interfaces is required.
- Must be familiar with Windows and Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer interface skills is required.
- Must be a team player able to work closely with support personnel during the design and verification process.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with NASA specifications for the development of electromechanical hardware is a plus but not required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.