At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services organization is seeking an Application Engineer to support engineering tools for the electrical engineering departments in our Aerospace Systems Sector at Space Park in Redondo Beach, Ca. This position will deploy, support, customize and maintain the suite of commercial applications used by electrical engineering including Cadence, Keysight, Ansys tool suites, and RF/Antenna tools among others.
Additionally, the selected candidate will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. He/she will be involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• End-user support of electrical engineering software
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact
• Requirements definition and planning
• Server configuration
• Client S/W installation
• Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems
• License management
• Trouble ticket resolution
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of relevant IT professional experience; 0 years of experience with a Master's degree
• Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance.
• Proven experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution.
• Desired candidate will experience in electrical design software tools, such as: Mentor Graphics, Cadence, Ansys, and Synopsys, Keysight.
• Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools used at Northrop Grumman as they apply to electrical product development cycles.
• SQL/Oracle Database experience
• Ability to administer applications on various OS's - Windows and Linux
• Able to apply engineering techniques and analytical methods to make recommendations for improvements and provide information and assistance to end-users.
• Works effectively within teams where other team members may be located throughout the country and influencing others to action who are not direct reports.
• Ability to support multiple projects concurrently based on priority and criticality.
• Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues and deliver results.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Preferred candidate will also have a software background either as a Developer or as an Administrator
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777613Posted: 2020-05-21