At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have ambitious new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Space Park, Redondo Beach, California.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Lead role will be:
- Responsible for all aspects of SE, integration and testing for EPS-R ground segment program execution
- Accountable to NGAS Communication Systems Executive leadership
- Providing leadership and technical direction to a multi-discipline team
- Overseeing development of System Architect/MBE design and External System ICDs
- Planning and managing Ground segment SEIT cost and schedule
- Alignment and compliance of program execution with relevant established processes
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline with 7+ years of systems engineering experience OR (5+ years with a MS STEM degree, 2+ years with a PhD STEM degree)
- Active DoD TS/SCI with in scope SSBI
- Prior experience as a manager or team lead
- Prior project management experience
- Advanced Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to develop and execute to a strategy
- Self-directed technical leader with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777632Posted: 2020-05-21