At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
Join us on the edge.... the Cutting Edge!
Northrop Grumman's IT Solutions team is seeking an Engineer Systems to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Roy, UT.
Candidate will interface with senior management, project managers, enterprise architects, technical specialists and the customer on a regular basis. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead responsible for the project's overall technical baseline and system design.
Candidate will lead the technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept/scope, requirements, design, verification and validation, and transition to production. Performs functional and schedule analysis, trade studies, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements, taking into consideration technical, schedule and cost constraints into optimal solutions for our customers.
The successful candidate will possess superior interpersonal and communications skills and must be able to clearly articulate all aspects of the technical baseline throughout the various phases of the project lifecycle to colleagues, senior management, and customers. This candidate will integrate easily into a close knit team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability
• Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Develop and sell the technical vision that allows our enterprise data capabilities to scale, grow, and evolve.
• Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
• Influence Program strategic technical planning in support of long-term strategic plans
• Assist in identifying technology roadmaps to reduce program execution costs
• Determine technical and business requirements in conjunction with customer and manage requirements throughout the lifecycle
• Ensure architecture and design alignment with standards & strategic direction
• Systems Engineering support for PLM, ERP and manufacturing
• Architecture definition, interface and context diagram documentation, identify compute and storage requirements to support customer
• Assist in identifying technology roadmaps to reduce program execution costs
• Develop feasibility, ROM & committed pricing estimates including detailed basis of estimate
• Create scope, technical requirements, architecture & design artifacts and specifications
• Establish test plans, requirements traceability matrix & transition to production artifacts
• Ensure system validation is performed against requirements
• Perform as technical lead in providing solution alternatives for Trade Studies
• Lead technology research and development projects
• Implement security technologies to ensure policy compliance
• Provide As-Is and To-Be assessments and perform Gap analysis
• Data Center Architecture & Design and implementation
• Virtual Desktop & Server Design implementation
• Network Architecture & Design to include supplier integration, extranet design and implementation
• Application Integration design & architecture
• Define Disaster and Recovery requirements and implementation
• Technical focal point on proposal efforts for program IT support including technical and cost estimations, present proposal review boards.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
•Requires 14 years with Bachelors in Science; 12 years with Masters; 9 years with PhD (Appropriate combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree)
•Demonstrate strong foundational expertise in Information Technologies with subject matter expertise in at least two of the following areas:
•Application development and lifecycle management
•DevSecOps or agile software development
•Database design, modeling and management and Business Analytics
•Data Center designs and solutions, including on-premises and co-location solutions.
•Data center infrastructure including server hardware, storage, backup technologies, networks;
•Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
•Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
•Operating Systems and application software including supporting database technologies;
•Server / storage / networking / client virtualization solutions;
•Software as a service; Cloud technologies including external public and private cloud solutions as well as on-premises solutions
•Information Management, Analytics
•Information Security, JSIG or RMF
•Strong leadership and team building skills.
•Excellent written and oral communications skills.
•Experienced in customer relationship management and an ability to partner with all levels of customers.
•Deep understanding of external customers, both government and commercial, and their respective markets.
•Ability to translate complex quantitative analyses into business insights.
•Ability to handle multiple projects within a specified timeframe.
•Able to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
•Ability to provide total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware, software, and service components for a project and its associated IT solution.
•Possess a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
•Trade Study leadership experience to support the evaluation of next-generation technologies, which will be utilized across our products.
•Ability to travel at least 25%.
•Must be able to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret or higher security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
•Possess an active DOD Secret or higher security clearance or Active DOD within the last 24 months.
•Be able to obtain DOD Top Secret security clearance.
•Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" and all phases of its lifecycle.
•Experience with and/or functional understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering in at least one modeling language or framework (SysML, UML, BPMN and/or DODAF).
•Experience with or functional understanding of SCRUM, Extreme Programming Agile Methodologies, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
•Technical experience with SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter Enterprise, Mobile Applications, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions
•Prior experience supporting various classified environments and meeting government and security requirements including SAP, JSIG, JAFAN 6/3, STIG, RMF, ICD 705 and DFARS.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.