Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.Are you ready to put your years of experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Technology Services sector wants you to join our team as a Subcontracts Administrator. This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA for a start-up contract. The contract is to provide 24/7/365 Contractor Logistics Support for the Customs and Border Patrol's P-3 fleet.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:1. Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience; or 4 years with a Masters; or 1 year with a PhD. An additional 4 yrs of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services. Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Supports the proposal process and will also negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- This position requires the candidate to develop solutions to complex problems and is considered an expert in the field.
2. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the management of other organizations (program management, contracts, business management, etc.) as well as with the subcontractors.
3. Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
4. A current Secret Clearance5. Pass/maintain the required Dept of Homeland Security investigation 6. Ability to brief internal and external customers.Preferred Qualifications: 1. Experience with DMS issues related to aging fleets2. Experience on programs focused on Contractor Logistics Support, Aircraft Maintenance and Modernization turnkey support and 24/7 requirements3. Experience executing subcontract and procurement activities in a heavily matrixed, geographically-dispersed organization.4. Experience with SAP5. Experience communicating with senior executive leaders to report status, draft solutions and coordinate path forward6. Experience with FFP, CPFF, and T&M contracts.Current Customs and Border Patrol Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777685Posted: 2020-05-21