At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
• Sr. Principal Systems Engineer (Lead) - MRBM-T4 Program
• Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking and experienced systems engineer to lead the MRBM-T4 Systems Engineering Team in our Chandler, AZ office.
• Role Description & Responsibilities
•The candidate should possess strong technical problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to generate and document system level launch vehicle requirements, perform vehicle performance assessments and participate in system level verification/data review activities.
• The candidate should possess a strong resolve to drive tasks to completion autonomously and possess demonstrated mentoring/training skills.
• Creates new system requirements and manages requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases
• Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and coordinates document approval through peer review and signature process.
• Creates and modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
• Provides data and support risk management (identifies potential risk) and trade study processes.
• Creates changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture.
• Creates System Representations.
• Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation
• Manages aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, minor failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
• Participates in the creation of and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models.
• Presents and prepares materials for presentation during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
• Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and CONOPS development.
• Performs cost estimates and project planning as a Cost Account Manager (CAM).
• Regular interface with program management, engineering staff and external customer is expected.
•Requires BS in Engineering
•Candidate must have a minimum of 9 years of related work experience.
•U.S. Citizenship is required
•Active secret clearance is required
•Ability to travel is required
•Systems Engineering experience or previous Lead Engineer experience is required
•Strong oral and written communication skill
•A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
•Experience with change-management is desired.
•Experience with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems LVD SEIT standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
•Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings and presentation) is desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777693Posted: 2020-05-28