Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a Linux System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations.
• Suppor bare-metal and virtual machines.
• Install, harden, and patch Linux operating systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
• Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams, and hardware engineers.
•Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
•Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• U.S. citizenship.
•Active Secret clearance.
•Ability to maintain an active clearance.
•Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
•Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
•Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
•Experience managing Redhat Linux/ Unix server environment
•Bachelors or Masters Degree in IS related field.
•Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
•Redhat System Administration certification(s).
•Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
•Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
•Redhat Satellite Server (version 6 and version 7) configuration and usage experience.
•Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
•Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
•VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
•Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
•Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Redhat platforms.
•Windows (7, 10) administration experience; Windows Server 2008/2012 experience.
•Group Policies(GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
•Solid writing skills and use of Wiki pages and Sharepoint sites for documentation.
•DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
•Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
•Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777700Posted: 2020-05-21