This position will provide Quality Engineering support to Precision Guided Weapons - Guided Projectiles
programs. This includes production line support at the Northrop Grumman Plymouth and Elk River facilities, supplier inspection and process support, identifying contractual Quality requirements, preparing quality program plans, inspection procedures and quality requirements flow-down, supplier process monitoring, application of lean/six-sigma tools, drawing reviews, customer interface/reports/submittals, and reviewing product acceptance data.
Position may require travel up to 15% time domestically. Job Duties
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Ensure compliance to contract quality requirements and AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality System processes on development and production programs.
- Provide expertise and guidance to program teams and suppliers on quality assurance, quality systems, tools, training, problem solving, statistical analysis and continuous improvement. Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Support and lead investigations between internal functions, suppliers and customers. Provide assistance with technical diagnosis of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions with resolution of customer complaints or field failures. Develop solutions as appropriate to eliminate the recurrence of the issue.
- Work with Operations to initiate effective containment, investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent defect outflow both in-house and to Customers. Develop and maintain effective utilities for defect tracking and process flow for non-conforming material control.
- Plan and implement quality activities including writing product inspection plans, initiating material review board actions, resolving nonconforming material issues, and facilitating corrective actions.
- Perform on-site monitoring of manufacturing lines and supplier production processes. Assess suppliers' capabilities and conformance to program requirements, acting as technical SME.
- Review drawings for inspection and manufacturing capability and conformance Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances standards.
- Prepare documentation including quality code requisitions for procuring material, incoming inspection procedures, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) data requirements.
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and inspection capabilities. Provide quality input to manufacturing processes including inspection and determining key characteristics.
- Perform statistical analysis on product yield/SPC/key characteristics data.
- Report status on tasks to program management, quality management and customers.
- Review inspection, test, and acceptance data to assess process capability and product compliance.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quality planning, tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment OR minimum 2 years of experience in applied engineering.
- Manufacturing background desired, familiarity with materials science, machining processes, and fine-electromechanical assembly desired.
- Strong background in inspection equipment, techniques and general knowledge of Metrology and Calibration
- Solid understanding of Drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Solid Quality Tools skills (Statistics, DOE, FMEA, MSA)
- Experience in a highly-regulated environment
- Willingness to travel domestically as required (sometimes on short notice).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with internal / external customers
- Efficient in computer skills, (SharePoint, Access, CAD, Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong technical knowledge (mechanical manufacturing, tools, gages, calibration)
- ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM
- Electrical circuits knowledge and printed circuit board design familiarity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777705Posted: 2020-05-21