As a member of the Employee Relations Center of Excellence, the ER Advisor provides key consultation, solutions and support to Human Resources Business Partners, managers and employees on issues arising in the workplace. The ER Advisor provides Employee Relations expertise to enterprise locations, projects and initiatives. Position may require travel as needed, up to 25%.
Given the Regional coverage of this role, the desired/ preferred location is Salt Lake City, with a possible location of Sunnyvale.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Handling sensitive and complex employee relations situations.
• Conducting investigations and creating responses/case closure reports on employee concerns in order to highlight findings and actions taken.
• Consulting with stakeholders on corrective actions, employment separations, performance management, conflict resolution, and policies/procedures.
• Working with stakeholders to develop solutions and proactive strategies for addressing sensitive and complex employee relations matters.
• Coordinating and leading Incident Response Teams as needed to address urgent workplace matters.
• Identifying and analyzing employee relations trends to proactively address root causes and systemic issues.
• Providing coaching and training on ER topics.
• Building effective relationships with the business to understand organizational dynamics.
• Developing key partnerships with Human Resources Business Leaders, Human Resources Business Partners, the Legal Department, Ethics & Business Conduct, EEO Compliance, Workplace Accommodations and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Promoting proactive and positive employee relations practices across the organization to drive engagement and change, and to minimize risk.
•Bachelor's degree in human resources, industrial/labor relations, business, or related field and a minimum 10 years of experience in human resources/employee relations. Equivalent experience or education will be considered.
•Proven communication, interpersonal, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
•Proven track record as a trusted advisor and consultant to business and HR leadership to provide effective coaching and counselling as needed on workplace matters.
•Strong knowledge of pertinent labor/employment law as well as human resources management principles, practices and procedures.
•Experience delivering business based solutions in potentially emotional, pressure filled and time sensitive situations
•Experience with statistical concepts, interpreting statistical results, and identifying trends
•Proven coaching and training skills
•Ability to obtain a security clearance
•Ability to work in a virtual environment to provide services to geographically dispersed customer groups
•Available for 20% travel
•Experience with case management and documentation systems
•Training in investigation and/or dispute resolution techniques
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777782Posted: 2020-05-21