At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for a Facilities Mechanical Engineer
to work in our Bacchus (Magna), UT
location. Role description & Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Position Requirements:
- Manage projects and coordinate all procurements and installation to meet the program cost and schedule requirements for capital upgrades.
- Provide engineering design as needed to support the Facilities Engineering Department. This could include:
- Design mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for chemical plant systems including boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, and air and gas systems.
- Prepare design calculations and specifications for major plant related equipment including, but not limited to heat exchangers, industrial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, condensers, and pumps.
- Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
- Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
- Develop schedules, work assignments and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Coordinate with other engineers and craftsman assigned to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results
- Providing detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation
- Preparing specifications for the procurement of pumps, heat exchangers, valves, compressors, tanks, cranes, and other miscellaneous of plant equipment.
- Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability and functionality.
- Troubleshoot industrial mechanical equipment. Resolve equipment problems in the field through technical assistance with Maintenance Craftsmen.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years industrial facility mechanical design experience, 3 + with M.S
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required; Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Industrial process equipment/facilities design:
- Chemical processing preferred
- AutoCAD drafting ability
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
- May be hired one level higher with a B.S Mechanical Engineering degree and minimum of 9 yrs experience or 7 with M.S.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777791Posted: 2020-05-21