At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Essential Functions:
- Manage the flow of Requests for Change / Information (RC/I's) through cognizant engineering disciplines and ensure that these are dispositioned appropriately.
- Utilize the NX-TeamCenter tool suite in order to provide engineering solutions to RC/I's from both internal and external manufacturing facilities. These solutions can be in the form of Product Definition Packages (PDP's) initiated by the candidate or by cognizant engineering groups.
- Work within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, interfacing with IPT leadership, suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines to engineer design solutions to challenging problems through the development of PDP's.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
vehicleeng Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years of STEM related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Experience designing aircraft primary and/or secondary structures or subsystems using metallic and/or composite materials.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Current, active, in-scope DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer preferred.
- Experience creating and developing preliminary engineering designs and layouts.
- Experience with industry standard design tools and processes including NX Solid Modelling, CAD, CATIA V5, and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is advantageous.
- Proficiency with TeamCenter.
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777856Posted: 2020-05-21