At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Sector has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected System Engineer supports efforts in the design and delivery of ground systems to support spacecraft and spacecraft payloads. Individual will be responsible for Performance analysis, interface development and test, design verification, test requirements analysis, and system integration and test planning and execution. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Must be available to travel to international field sites to support system installations. Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 3+ years of engineering experience
- A current Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI clearance
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Must be an exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience to include the support of several of the following disciplines: system installations, ground system design, computer and network security, risk management/mitigation, functional analysis of requirements, engineering cost estimating and work planning, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, LINUX OS, and project management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.