At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced individual to lead flight digital hardware board and unit development as a Responsible Design Engineer (RDE) at its Redondo Beach location.
Tasks of this role include collaboration with systems engineering, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and other electrical engineers to perform design trades, perform requirements flowdown, create interconnection drawings, perform electrical analysis, develop test plans, and ultimately deliver engineering model and flight hardware that meets program requirements. The qualified candidate will be an experienced digital design engineer who will work on digital board design and development with applications in signal processing, network routing and switching, or embedded processors for air and space applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceptual design
- Circuit Design
- Architecture development
- Schematics development
- Worst case analysis
- Board Integration & test
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years of experience; OR 3 years of experience with a Masters degree; OR 0 years of experience with a PHD
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in hardware design/development or production
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance
- 5 years of experience developing Electronics for military or spacecraft applications
- Digital or Mixed signal unit, slice, board, and/or ASIC/FPGA design and development experience
- Master's or PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Hands-on knowledge of programmatic/cost account management (CAM) processes, project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, EVMS, staffing, coordination and oversight of technical work effort
- Proven leadership experience and the ability to manage engineers and technicians in a process driven environment
- Experience in program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777945Posted: 2020-05-21