At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principle Systems Modeling Simulation Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The candidate must have excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills as well as proven leadership skills as they lead teams of engineers, logisticians, buyers, etc. in pursuing recommendations for fixes to issues. Essential Functions:
- Applies technical expertise to develop new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms.
- Complete understanding of modeling and simulation best practices and techniques with an emphasis on developing mathematical models, both deterministic and stochastic.
- Simulates operations and develops models that simulate behavior of systems. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Performs military requirements analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance / effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, military utility, and operations analysis.
- Develops and integrates mission concept development, Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), spares sensitivity, Operations and Support (O&S) cost analyses / ROI, and model-based system engineering.
- Develops and adapt existing models, methods, and simulations to support the design, development, and sustainment of system design concepts and technologies.
- Communicate with internal and external Customers with minimal supervision.
- Position requires practical experience and interpretation of modeling and simulation results, algorithms, and formulas and must be able to communicate their significance and relevancy in a clear, detailed manner.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) with a minimum of 5 years of applied engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree
- At least 2 years of MAAF (Model for Asset Availability Forecasting) or LCOM (Logistics Composite Model) experience or another engineering field of experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Masters Degree from a STEM Field
- Complete understanding of Modeling and Simulations concepts and practices
- Familiarity with Tempo and EDCAS
- Experience with data mining techniques. Understanding of data analytics and visualization techniques
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.