The Airborne C4ISR Systems Division within the Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals with the Air Dominance and Strike Business Unit in Linthicum, MD. Candidates manage the Business Development function in a variety of ways including customer engagement; opportunity identification, qualification and capture; budget and pipeline administration; business strategy and preparation of reports for senior management.The successful applicant for this position will work across operating units within the business unit to help prioritize opportunities, determine investments, facilitate capture and campaign strategy sessions, and analyze the pipeline against the long-range strategic and annual operating plans. The candidate will work on specific capture opportunities to provide business development expertise and support to the capture managers in order to maximize the probability of win. The candidate will also work with the division business development and programs/operations organization to ensure that the pipeline is managed within the expectations of the sector and division. Candidate must be willing and able to travel domestic and international in support of the above.Specific responsibilities include customer engagement, pipeline and portfolio management, opportunity identification and qualification, business case analysis, business development manager and business development support to capture managers. The candidate may also be assigned the responsibility of capture manager or key roles on campaign, capture or proposal teams.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or similar technical field plus 10 years of relevant business development, project management experience, civil service or military experience.
- Experience with US Department of Defense acquisition processes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of military avionic systems to include radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic and infrared sensing systems, networking and/or command and control systems, tactics and procedures
- Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts and systems to customers and shape their decision process.
- Candidate must possess the ability to build and manage business development teams, particularly through influential leadership.
- A results driven attitude and a proven capability of working in a collaborative environment across distributed locations and organizations.
- Experience as operator or designer of radar, EW, or military communications/networking programs
- Master's degree in business, engineering, national security studies or equivalent
- Knowledge of major US Department of Defense acquisition organizations, military communications customers or planning/requirements organizations for military comms
- Experience in capture/proposal management and/or strategic planning.
- Currently possess or eligible for TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552777975Posted: 2020-05-21