Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager of Inspection (2nd Shift) based in Linthicum, Maryland.
The qualified applicant will join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Quality & Mission Excellence team supporting factory quality operations, and have the opportunity to enter the exciting field of Additive Manufacturing as we stand up our new Additive Manufacturing facility. We are looking for a high-caliber individual with a background in Quality Assurance, Mechanical Inspection, Manufacturing, or similar technical field to lead our inspection team. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and leadership to the salaried, represented (IUE) inspection personnel in the West Building Mechanical Design & Fabrication Shops.
- Manages the quality control function (establishes, oversees, and coordinates quality control policy and practice), inspection methods, tooling, and procedures required to perform complete inspection on a variety of purchased or manufactured raw materials, hardware, electrical components, major mechanical assemblies, and manufacturing processes.
- Supervises a team of inspectors that evaluates completed mechanical feeder and sub-assembly parts to determine if drawing/specification requirements are met.
- Applies and prioritizes inspection resources in such a fashion as to meet all cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Responsible for continuously reviewing quality control philosophy, practice, and procedures to ensure the highest standards.
- Establishes and ensures maintenance of training programs for quality control personnel.
- Possesses technical knowledge in Manufacturing and Inspection processes such as mechanical assembly, finishing operations, machining operations, specifications/standards, drawing interpretation, product inspection, measurement and analysis methods, process and product assessments, auditing, and corrective action methodology.
- Analyze, organize and present data and have a working knowledge of MS Office Applications along with other data analysis applications.
MAQEA Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- High School graduate with 8+ years of relevant experience, and demonstrated success in a related supervisory or lead role directing or supervising others and managing work to meet schedule requirements
- Experience running and programming Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft Office tools expertise
- Demonstrated leadership characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work second shift
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. US citizenship required.
- Bachelor's degree with Industry experience in Quality Assurance and Mechanical/Machining Inspection
- Possesses ASQ certification(s)
- Knowledge and experience with the inspection processes coming under the area of responsibility (machining, welding, sheet metal, mechanical assembly, bonding, coatings and finishing)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operation and inspection experience and programming experience in the PCDMIS language
- Working knowledge of Non-Destructive Test processes or Certification in a Method
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and Aluminum Powder Additive Manufacturing (AM) experience or AM Part Inspection experience utilizing advanced inspection processes such as Blue Light, Structured Light, etc..
- Continuous Improvement experience with a green or black belt certification
- Experience using the SAP/MES enterprise resource planning tool.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancng (ANSI Y14.5) training/certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778000Posted: 2020-05-21