Are you making an impact? Are you supporting a mission that saves lives? Protects our most prized assets responsible for our National Security? That protects our FREEDOM? We at Northrop Grumman are building on our long standing heritage in the area of foundational intelligence across the entire enterprise. We work side by side with our customers solving highly complex problems that you'll not find anywhere else in the world. We make investments in cutting edge technologies and are industry leaders in world class research and development as we partner with the government to build next generation capabilities that shape the future of TechSIGINT Revitalization. Will you join us as we relentlessly pursue impacting the greatest mission on earth: Protecting our FREEDOM!
This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging
• Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
• Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies
• Participate in all Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits
• Set-up up new sites and applications via configuration management such as Puppet and Ansible
• Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software (Confluence / Jira)
• Assist in design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments
• Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
• Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
• Communicate effectively to help bridge stakeholder and development requirements
• Assist with support and operations where necessary
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored, or accessed
• Leverage programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
• Ability to have a holistic view of service development and deployment architecture
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher is required in either Engineering (i.e. Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or Computer Science with a minimum of Two (2) years of related experience (excludes education experience such as Bachelor's or Master's degree in relevant field).
• Working knowledge of Linux and Linux environments (RHEL 6/7/8, RHCSA/RHCE, CentOS)
• Must be fluent with Git
• Experience with Windows system administration, system monitoring, instrumentation, resiliency and performance.
• 1+ years of system architecture required with a demonstrated ability to read the code and understand the coding logic to assist in troubleshooting
• Fluent skills in object oriented programming and experience in at least one programming language, such as Ruby, C, C++, GO, Python, or Java
Security Requirements: TS/SCI w/Polygraph clearance required
• Experience with caching technologies (Memcache, Active MQ, Redis, APC, etc.)
• Experience with MySQL (Clusters, Replication, and Tuning) and Elasticsearch (Kibana a plus)
• Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, PCI compliance, etc.
• Experience integrating Jenkins/Bamboo, Docker, and Kuberenetes for automated deployment preferred
• 1+ years' experience managing/monitoring AWS cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models, agile, and DevOps programming methodologies.
• Experience working cross functionally across multiple teams.
• Ability to successfully work with customers, developers, testing, project management, and support staff
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.