Micro-Electronic Technician 2 East Hartford CT
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOX), a Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSS) Strategic Business Venture, is seeking a Micro-Electronic Technician 2 to support our Special Programs manufacturing organization located in East Hartford CT.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGSS business initiatives.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Micro-Electronic Technician 2 will perform assembly, testing and assigned technical manufacturing tasks to meet program requirements. This position will involve assembly and testing of complex electro optic assemblies, optical modules and sub modules containing optical and fiber optic based components with guidance from principle engineers and scientists. Primary job duties will include developing and setting up work areas to assemble and test optical module assemblies. Additional duties may include setting up experiments and optical test equipment, conducting tests, and recording data. The position may involve assembly and alignment of mechanical and/or opto-mechanical subassemblies, machining/fabricating parts and some electronic assembly, as well as work process and other documentation. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years' of electrical/electronic work experience including soldering and cable & wire harness assembly within a manufacturing work environment
- Electronic and Optical lab equipment experience including DVM's, power meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes and optical test equipment-build/modify as needed, and test set up
- Basic machine tool operation experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of adaptability, multi-tasker, excellent problem solver with experience working in a highly dynamic, with collaborative cross functional teams in an advanced technical work environment
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency MS Word and Excel; basic proficiency with PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is a requirement of employment
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
- 2 year Technical Degree
- Experience working with optics/optical R&D prototyping, opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, electro-optical based systems and components including optical fusion splicing systems
- J-STD 001 Soldering Certification
- IPC-620 Cable and Wire Harness Certification
- Active Top Secret TS/SCI Clearance
- This position is based in East Hartford CT with occasional travel to Devens MA
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.