At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Principal Business Planning Analyst will be responsible for supporting proposal development and developing Basis of Estimates. They will be responsible for managing and deploying budget advice and control costs on contracts requiring a validated EVMS system; to perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Prepare budgets for contract work and perform and/or assist in financial analyses such as funding/staffing profiles, cost outlook, and variance analysis
- Develop program plans that ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures
- Incorporate contractual changes into a cost control system by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract line item in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
- Work with CAMS and IPTs to ensure they have the appropriate data and are provided the correct guidance for all CAM activities including earned value and EAC reporting
- Identifying networks to be utilized and developing Work Authorizing Document books (WAD)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent discipline with 6 years of experience in managing and/or deploying cost control systems OR, a Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent discipline with 4 years of experience in managing and/or deploying cost control systems
- Experience with EVMS required
- Proficient with MS Excel is also required (i.e. ability to create, maintain, analyze and manipulate spreadsheets with complex formulas)
- An Active DoD Secret security clearance investigated within the past 5 years
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Experience with MPM and SAP user knowledge
- Extensive work experience as a cost material or labor planner functions
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with and mentor Cost Account Managers and Senior Management
- Numbers Oriented
- Skilled to expert in Microsoft Excel
- Background with: Proposals, Earned Value Management System (Cost and Scheduling), Contracts
- Prefer Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778309Posted: 2020-05-21