Northrop Grumman is seeking a Supply Chain Planning Specialist 3/4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant for this position will assume a Global Supply Chain Planning Specialist role within Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Division - where Technology and Teamwork come together to provide "Supply Chain Solutions at the Speed of Innovation
" Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Define and develops material strategy for the Programs
- Assume lead responsibility for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products
- Participate in make/buy decisions, long term capacity and resource planning; product line development, manufacturing ramp up, and prototype development
- Participate in key proposal strategy and execution
- Analyze and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools.
- Plan inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements.
- Assess rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements.
- Create/reduce supply requirements based on inventory adjustments.
- Participate in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs.
- Interface with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed.
- Create/release Program requirements (material and subcontract)
- Receive/review requirements for non-standard parts.
- Analyze lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
- Develop key suppliers and sources for entry into key Program and Industry technology areas
This position can be hired at either a level 3/prncpl or a level 4/sr:
- Prncpl/Band 3: Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience in supply chain, contracts, business and/or related field or a Master's degree and 4+ years of experience in supply chain, contracts, business and/or related field
- Senior/Band 4: Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in supply chain, contracts, business and/or related field or a Master's degree and 8+ years of experience in supply chain, contracts, business and/or related field
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- High proficiency with SAP, particularly Supply Chain/MRP transactions
- >8 years Subcontracts & Material requirement planning experience
- >8 years of experience managing/developing suppliers in a high technology industry
- Current and active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778403Posted: 2020-05-21