At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer III - Vehicle Management Systems Integration and
Test to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure consistency and quality of software products
- Develop test plans/procedures
- Develop, execute, and maintain test plans and test code for test systems
- Develop automated test scripts and test automation tooling
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team and development teams
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Work closely with Responsible Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Production Test Labs to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence design to increase product reliability and test coverage.
- Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection
- Perform structural code coverage testing and analysis
- Familiarity with the SDLC and have some development experience in C++ and Python
- Experience with scripting languages
- Root-cause analysis of test failures and communicating recommended actions
- Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of flight hardware/software systems
Meleng; Sfwas, syseng; SQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering testing experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C++ and Python
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience with Python (at least 1 year)
- Experience with testing or development
- Experience with VectorCAST (1 year)
- Integration Experience
- Knowledge of DO-178
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778495Posted: 2020-05-21