Information Systems Security Professionals, We Want You!
Cyber assets everywhere are under siege from a wide spectrum of threats. Almost daily, these threats grow in sophistication, breadth and speed. At Northrop Grumman, we take a holistic approach to Cyber Security (CyberSec), looking at the whole cyber landscape of people, processes and technology and the whole security realm of offense, defense, and exploitation. Thought leadership demands nothing less. If you are a subject matter expert with experience implementing the NIST RMF requirements baseline for National Security Systems (NSS) that form the foundation for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of classified computers & networks within the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community, Northrop Grumman Corporation has fantastic opportunities for your career growth!
We have an exciting high level Information Systems Security Officer
(ISSO) position located at our Redondo Beach, CA
facility. Responsibilities for this individual in our organization include, but are not limited to:
Assist with the implementation of required Government CyberSec policy & guidance (i.e. NISPOM, DAAPM, JSIG, etc.) and partner with the facility ISSM to gather organization performance metrics, document and streamline relevant processes & procedures, train/mentor junior ISSOs and execute strategies that enable business and a continuous process improvement culture in the organization.
The selectee for this position will engage with engineers and senior / executive level program managers to perform assessments of systems and networks within an environment or enclave and identify deviations with DoD / DISA defined acceptable configurations or enclave / local CyberSec policy. Information System (IS) assessments are achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as Nessus / SCAP vulnerability scans. The senior ISSO will also be accountable to co-lead efforts to establish strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks that enable U.S. Government authorization of company or Government owned systems operating at the facility.
Program control processes or content for CyberSec assessment artifacts in scope include 1) application of requirements engineering discipline to document minimal compliance commitment language for the relevant body of RMF controls, 2) coordination with enterprise leadership to enable delivery of CyberSec products / services and effective incident response, 3) Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) test case development / validation testing to enable communication of POA&Ms to the Department of Defense (DoD) for SUSA/MUSA, ISOL or Interconnected WAN architectures, 4) development of customized hard copy audit trail artifacts / Information System (IS) self-assessment checklists, as well as 5) execution of CyberSec investigations and applications software research.
NGFeaturedJobs Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- PhD with 4 years of experience; OR a Master's degree with 7 years of experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with 9 years of experience; OR an Associate's degree with 11 years of experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 13 years of experience is required
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAM level III security certification (examples: CISM, GSLC, or CISSP); OR must be able to obtain and maintain one within 6 months of start date
- Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (at a minimum) to be considered
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in Cyber Security, a current CISSP, and 8 years of ISSM/ISSO experience executing RMF assessments in a DCSA and/or SAP PSO cognizant classified environment
- Knowledge of RMF, ACAS, NESSUS, SPLUNK, SCAP, POA&Ms, NIST, DIACAP, NISPOM, system audits, vulnerability scanning, and DCSA and/or JSIG system security package development are highly desirable
- Current Top Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.