Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Manager, EHSFP to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Sunnyvale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector Environmental, Health, Safety & Fire Protection (EHSFP) organization, responsible for developing and administering the policies, processes, and programs for our operations.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to insure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Manage and implement EHS compliance and management systems in accordance with governmental and company requirements.
- Manage hazardous material management and chemical tracking and inventory programs.
- Evaluate proposed federal, state, and local EHS compliance laws and regulations to determine impact to compliance programs and business operations.
- Partners with business leaders to continuously improve the culture, awareness, and accountability in support of EHS programs.
- Interpret laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implement programs to comply.
- Manage and lead EHS professionals in accomplishing the EHS program aspects described above.
- Implements EHS management systems sector-level programs and associated documentation.
- Must be able to effectively manage individuals and teams and have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a team environment.
- Position will interface with regulatory representatives, senior management, site EHS committees, and the Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
- Must demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
MAQEAQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree with 10+ years in an environmental or health & safety position that included program management and supervision of personnel
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
- Computer based skills specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master of Science (MS) degree in an environmental, or health & safety program of study, or currently enrolled in an M.S. degree program.
- Certifications in environmental or health & safety related programs.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Access programs.
- Previous experience implementing and maintaining management systems including ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and VPP programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.