Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
Cargo/Payload Engineer Responsibilities may include:
• The Cargo/Payload Engineer will support the development of cargo and payload Interface Control Documents, installation drawings, layouts, and requirements and verification documentation for both internal and external space logistics transfer.
• They will support the CAM / cargo manager in a systems engineering capacity by performing all needed assessments and analysis of the manifested logistics to be integrated.
• This individual will also serve in the role of payload integrator by supporting cargo/payload loading and integration at the launch site.
• The cargo/payload engineer will support planning meetings with customer and internal team to take initial manifest through development of a draft layout to the analyzed and CAD modeled final layout for launch.
• They will also provide on-console support during crew or robotic access and handling of manifested cargo/payload once on orbit.
• Able to work beyond normal work hours (including extended shift work) to meet operational requirements, travel up to 10 percent of the time and remain deployed for up to three weeks consecutively working long hours as may be required to support cargo ground operations.
This position may be filled at an engineer level 3 or 4 depending on the experience, education, skills and abilities of the candidates.
Principal Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 5+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 3+ years of experience.
Sr. Principal Engineer: Systems Engineer 4 - Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
•The individual shall possess the ability to read specifications, design drawings and operations manuals, and generate design concepts.
•Must have experience working with spacecraft systems.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
•2-5 years with years working in Human Spaceflight.
Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following:
•ISS payload utilization organization and research integration support requirements.
•ISS cargo manifesting and analytical integration.
•Human space flight operations.
•Human Factors analysis.
•Training and/ or proficiency with CAD or other 3D modeling tools, preferably PTC Creo Parametric.
•Experience with spacecraft payload integration and/or NASA ISS Flight Control Team experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778605Posted: 2020-05-21