At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Job Summary
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with NGIS Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with NGIS Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities. Job Responsibilities
- Implements and administers an effective Safety and Mission Assurance program in compliance with applicable customer contracts and other guidelines set forth by Flight Systems Group requirements.
- Ensures contract program requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements.
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Interprets customer technical and MA requirements, and ensuring these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
- Provide oversight in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Reviews and approves Mission Assurance program proposal submittals.
- Represents Mission Assurance at different review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB), Corrective Action Board (CAB), & Material Review Board (MRB).
- Supports program proposal efforts, tracking and reporting metrics, mission specific risk issues and develop and present internal and external Mission Assurance briefings.
- Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed and maintained according to standards and procedures.
- Communicates the impacts and execution of all program, division quality and organizational requirements to all levels of the organization. May communicate to Government and customer representatives.
Leads root cause and problem solving analyses Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Requires BS in Engineering & 9 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years; 4 years with PhD.
- Space/Aerospace experience
- Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis)
- Previous experience managing elements of AS/ISO/CMMI certified internal and external organization is a plus.
- Masters Degree in Engineering.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.