At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Composite Prototype Technician, to work in our Case Prep Robotic Spraying area at our Bacchus Facility in Magna, Utah.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team in the Case Prep manufacturing facility operating PLC's to control the robotic spraying of resins, explosive powder and final liner materials inside of rocket motor chambers while following work instructions on both hard copy planning and paperless (Electronic Shop floor Instructions - ESI). Technician will work closely with process engineering and referring to product drawings/blue prints. Additionally, has to be able to certify as a Level I Thermography Inspector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform pre-operational robot checkouts.
• Set-up for robotic spraying of the three part liner materials in all of the commercial programs.
• Monitor and understand viscosity parameters and perform penetrometer test sample readings.
• Cleaning and rebuilding spray gun assemblies.
• Maintaining the Spray Lance Robots and the facilities. This includes writing maintenance work orders and overseeing the maintenance work and following up on all open work requests.
• Prepare ICC's for casting and coordinate delivery to Mix/Cast.
• Run the PLC's during charging, spraying and flushing of the robotic operations.
• Maintaining the Cure Bay controls and the facility dehumidifiers.
• Perform visual inspection of the final liner application.
• Perform thermography, infrared color scale inspections on chambers to validate cork to case bonding integrity.
• Track daily execution performance to budgets.
• Maintain SPC data tracking during spraying operations and accurately calculate weights to determine correct material application inside cases.
• Accountability and control of explosive powder. Includes verifying delivery of powder, transferring into hopper and remote operations.
• Set-up for robotic spraying of resin and explosive powder inside of chambers.
• Ownership of the powder embedment facility. This includes writing maintenance work orders and overseeing the maintenance work and following up on all open work requests.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management..
• 2 years of related work experience
• High School Diploma or GED plus 2 years of related work experience
• Must be working towards an Associate's degree in a technical field
• Prefer Technical Associates degree or Technical Certificate
• Able to monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process control and design specifications.
• Participates in programs or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling.
• Must pass all job-specific or specialized training programs required for core tasks or specialized assignments.
• Required to perform safe handling of hazardous waste materials for disposal.
• Possess ability to understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
• Must be able to work shift work to include weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778752Posted: 2020-05-21