At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Industrial
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA
Center of Excellence where technology and teamwork come together. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineer Industrial Team working in a collaborative environment while promoting a positive and proactive teamwork environment.
This position analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production processes, facilities and personnel. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, and manufacturing optimization. On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications, build revisions and updates to operating methods. May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
Minimum Education/Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 2 years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing operations in assembly, shop floor control, scheduling or lean/process improvement OR Master's Degree in STEM ; OR
- Bachelor's Degree (non-STEM) with 4 years of experience OR Master's Degree (non-STEM) with 2 years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing operations in assembly, shop floor control, scheduling or lean/process improvement; OR
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of experience in aerospace or manufacturing operations in assembly, shop floor control, scheduling or lean/process improvement
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- The ability to work 1st shift or 2nd shift and any work schedule (times may vary
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Experience with SAP and/or MES
- Secret or Top Secret Clearance preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.