At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Hardware Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain Flight Test Instrumentation system configurations and coordinate test activity, maintenance and communicate instrumentation issues and status
- Support planning and flight test readiness reviews; flight test planning working groups and coordination meetings; pre and post test briefings
- Must have knowledge of telemetry, onboard recording, Data Acquisition Systems and ground stations
- Provide technicians the guidance and direction required for operation, fabrication, modifications, assembly and checkout of Instrumentation systems and associated equipment.
- Support test activities, anomaly resolution and process improvement initiatives.
- Must have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
Meleng; Sfwas, syseng; SITEASQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)discipline from an accredited university and 10 years of Instrumentation engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of Instrumentation engineering experience
- Experience with aircraft data acquisitions
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain an Interim Secret Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Master's degree
- Experience with aircraft data acquisition systems including TTC (Teletronics Technology Corporation)
- Knowledge of aircraft transducers including strain gages, accelerometers and pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope Secret DoD clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778804Posted: 2020-05-21