At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electrical Engineer
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
This position is for an Electrical Design Engineer that will support the Production Test Team developing production test instrumentation solutions. The candidate will dissect production test instrumentation and equipment requirements, assign them to data collection hardware and generate the electrical wiring diagrams. The selected candidate should have a solid understanding of electrical engineering principles including Ohms law, electromagnetic effects and circuits. Knowledge of basic systems engineer principles, requirements management, test design philosophy and measurement is a plus. Candidate must have a willingness to embrace change and work in an agile environment. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for electrical design and assisting a team of electrical designers in the development of flight test instrumentation electrical harness schematics.
- Work within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, interfacing with IPT leadership, suppliers, customers, and other technical disciplines
- Use the AutoCAD Electrical tool suite for the development of electrical schematics
- Participate in on-site support at product manufacturing and integration sites
- Generating release packages in CPLM and working with stakeholders to assure rapid release of designs.
This position will require up to 25% travel to support project activities and integration may be required; but will be permanently located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
MELENG SITEAS Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 5+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM discipline from an accredited university with 3+ years of engineering experience OR PhD in STEM discipline from an accredited university
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience utilizing CPLM for configuration management.
- Experience with aircraft design.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.