At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems has an opening for a Flight Control Actuation System (FCAS) Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for testing the FCAS in a lab environment supporting advanced systems development.
- Test planning
- Specifying and/or reviewing test cases to ensure requirements compliance
- Review of supplier deliverables
- Specification of lab requirements to support FCAS system testing
The advanced systems team seeks candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and the ability to organize work, manage time, plan, and prioritize. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or a related discipline from an accredited university and 2 years engineering experience with BS; 0 Years with Masters
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Experience with hydraulic flight control actuation
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering
- Digital actuator control
- Accelerated life testing
- Failure modes and effects testing
- Supplier management
- Redundant actuation systems including cross-channel monitors and voting
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.