Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector is currently seeking a Technical Accounting Manager 2
to join our growing team of diverse professionals. The preferred location for this position is in McLean, Virginia, though full-time teleworking will also be considered. The selected candidate will become a part of our Sector Headquarters Financial Reporting team.
This position will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Reporting and perform technical GAAP accounting research and other financial analysis as required. This high impact and high visibility role will work closely with the Sector's division business management and Sector leadership team. Position Responsibilities and duties include:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Provide on call technical accounting guidance.
- Research and analyze application of accounting standards to complex business transactions.
- Draft white papers summarizing technical accounting issues, application of accounting guidance to the company, alternatives available and recommendations.
- Coordinate research findings and evaluation of alternatives with external auditors.
- Prepare presentations of accounting treatment with recommendations and present to senior finance management.
- Update Sector accounting policies for new accounting pronouncements and other changes.
- Prepare and present accounting and policy training on an as-needed basis.
- Perform miscellaneous financial analysis as required.
- Review revenue recognition checklists, conclude on treatment and provide guidance on revenue accounting under ASC606.
- Review estimates at completion (EAC)
- Travels as needed (up to 25% of the time)
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Master's degree in accounting or related field or CPA with a minimum of 8 years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Must be able to travel as needed (up to 25% of the time)
- Recent Big 4 or recognized public accounting firm audit experience
- Master's degree in Finance with a CPA
- Strong GAAP accounting proficiency and research experience
- Good executive presence with excellent oral and written skills
- Self-motivated, yet functions well in a team environment
- Prior experience in Aerospace & defense industry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552778939Posted: 2020-05-21