At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Senior Principal Engineer RF Microwave Designer to join the Electronics and Payloads' RF and Mixed Signal Products (RFMS) Department.
RFMS is an organization of 170 plus engineers and technicians that develops custom mixed signal ICs and MMIC components, leveraging them to develop units and subsystems for a variety of space and air programs. RF core competencies include, narrowband and wideband low noise amplifiers, high linearity mixers, power amplifiers, multipliers, passive filters/components, modulators, frequency sources, up-converters, down converters operating at microwave, millimeter wave and sub-millimeter wave frequencies. Mixed Signal specialties include A/D, DAC and custom System on Chip applications.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential functions:
- RF hardware design and analysis using computer aided design (CAD)
- Conducting electrical trades
- Tolerance and stability analysis and test data analysis for respective hardware designs
- Coordinate among multiple disciplines to balance requirements
- Finalize the electrical design, support prototype and final hardware build & test
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment; OR 4 years of experience with a STEM PhD. degree
- RF/MS unit, RF/MS slice, RF/MS module/IMA, and/or RF/MS board design and development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Technical experience working with ADS software system
- Experience with electronic RF design for airborne and space applications
- Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
- Electronics design development and sustaining experience spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with Sonnet and HFSS software applications
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Familiarity with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Familiarity with research and development of advanced technologies
- Be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.