At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Ground Systems Development Department (part of NG Space Systems Sector) in Manhattan Beach, CA is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to develop and integrate complex electronic test systems and electronic hardware units in support of space flight programs.
The electronic hardware development responsibilities include: architecture design, detailed design, performing customer briefings/reviews, hardware test, site integration, and post-delivery support. Primary deliverables are flight electronics test systems and satellite system operational ground based hardware.
The candidate will work closely in a team environment with other engineering functions, including: Flight Engineering, Systems Engineering, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Production, Procurement, and Program Management to meet schedule and technical requirements.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience with:
- Design, integration, and test of Digital and Analog/RF circuits
- Electronic drawers/units
- Small to large electronic subsystems.
Some responsibilities include:
- Detailed Digital, RF, or Analog analysis at the component level
- FPGA design, functional simulation, and test vector creation
- PCB/CCA design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Unit design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Test System (Test Set) design, development, test, and post-delivery support
- Worst case performance analysis for critical Digital and/or RF signals
- Developing and presenting design reviews for internal and external customers
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or another STEM degree from an accredited institution and 2 years of experience in an Engineering Environment; OR, a minimum of 0 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Design and test experience in electronics technology
- DOD, SCI, or SSBI clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design and test experience in more than one: Digital/Analog/RF technology
- Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.