At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Circuit Design (Power and Control) 5 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities range from designing, analyzing, and testing high-reliability DC to DC switch mode power converters and drive electronics for space and airborne platforms. The ideal candidate will be working through all phases of the development process ranging from bid proposals to product qualification and delivery. Essential Functions:
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
- Develop power and control electronics architectures and generate requirement
- Conduct circuit design, analysis, and simulations
- Perform Hardware testing and validation
- Provide manufacturing test support on deliverable hardware
Unique ID: elepay
South Bay JobQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 14 years of power and control design experience in an aerospace environment; 12 years with a STEM Master's degree; 9 years with a STEM PhD
- Experience in designing and testing analog and power circuits
- Proficiency with PSpice and MathCAD
- Knowledge of control systems and feedback theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control Systems or Communications and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with planar magnetics, hi-density mechanical packaging, and thermal control techniques for aerospace environments
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities
- Experience with mixed signal and control electronics designs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779123Posted: 2020-05-21