At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are seeking a level 4 Electronics Engineer that will be a part of a fast paced team that develops new products for the on orbit signal processing of infrared imagery for national assets that help to protect the country. Primary assignment will be the architecture, design, coding, and testing of digital logic for Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) for both space and ground applications including real-time image processing, command and control, and robustness to operate in high-radiation environments without disruption. A significant portion of the job will involve being in electronics labs, working with prototype hardware for future missions, debugging code, testing performance, and presenting demonstrations to customers. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) field & 9 years of exempt level technical engineering experience, OR Master's degree in a STEM field & 7 years of exempt level technical engineering experience
- Experience with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) or Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Computer Engineering
- 5 years experience with FPGA or ASIC design, coding, and/or testing
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs, Xilinx ISE tools, and/or Xilinx Vivado tools
- Experience with Microsemi (formerly Actel) FPGAs and tools
- Experience designing for space environments and applications
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779188Posted: 2020-05-21