Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking to hire a Director of Systems Engineering. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Lead the System Engineering organization within GBSD SE&I, reporting to the SE&I IPT Lead. Leadership of Specialty Engineering and System Design teams. Role is System Engineering leadership "down and in" working with the Segment IPTs to ensure HW/SW development is aligned with SE process execution in a consistent manner that supports GBSD SOW, schedule and cost constraints. Proactively interface with other SE&I organizations and GBSD IPTs to meet SOW objectives.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- At Least 20 years of professional experience in the defense or aerospace industries and 5 years managing technical teams.
- Very strong SE background in multiple program phases on medium to large programs
- Solid understanding of SE process with execution experience within HW/SW IPT delivering verified operational products.
- U.S. Citizen and active DoD Secret Clearance
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Physics or Engineering Management is required. Consideration will be given to candidates with a BS, MS, or PhD degree in other engineering disciplines with strong relevant experience
PhD with 15+ years of experience, MS with 18+ years of experience, or BS with 20+ years of experience
- TS clearance, missile experience, Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience with high value customer presentations, with ability to focus on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in making sound decisions in uncertain and difficult situations.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic in ensuring engineering meets customer and program expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience in leading failure investigations and significant problem solving teams
Demonstrated experience working with customers to ensure project success.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 552779249Posted: 2020-05-21