At Northrop Grumman
, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems has an opening for a Staff Software Engineer (Software Test Engineer Level 5)
to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA and will be in support of the SP-1 program.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and software engineers. Essential Functions:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Analyze requirements allocated to computer software configuration items (CSCI).
- Design, development, maintenance and execution of automated software tests for qualification of embedded software products
- Model and simulation code development.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field with 14+ of applied experience or 12+ years with a Master's Degree or 9+ years with a PhD.
- Security Requirements: Candidate must have Active DoD Top Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years and be able to obtain and maintain program specific accesses if required.
- Must have software test experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree
- Master's Degree in STEM related field
- Experience coding in C/C++ or Python
- Experience with modeling and simulation in a laboratory environment.
- Current Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.