In today's conflicts, a new battlefield is arising - one where traditional systems aren't the only ones targeted. At Northrop Grumman, we create unrivaled, full-spectrum cyber solutions to actively combat these threats. Our offensive and defensive capabilities act as powerful deterrents, while built-in resiliency hardens systems so that when attacked, they're protected. That's why we're a leader in end-to-end Cyber for the modern world. We're seeking an Cyber Software Engineer who wants to join our team on this cyber battlefield. The position will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Cyber Software Engineer provides support in developing/engineering of complex hardware/software systems. Qualified candidates will conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. The candidate will determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepare operating instructions; design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Engineering, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field. Four years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Shall have two (2) years of experience in development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software/system development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
- Active TS/SCI w/poly clearance required
- Familiar with the software development process described in the J-STD-016 and IEEE/EIA 12207, "Information technology-Software life cycle processes" and possesses at least one (l) year of experience developing software in accordance with these standards OR requirements analysis, modeling and measurement.
- Developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
- Understanding of agile and/or spiral development models.
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Posting ID: 552779275Posted: 2020-05-21