At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a talented Senior Principal Mission Assurance Engineer to join the Resiliency & Rapid Prototyping (R&RP) Mission Assurance team within Space Systems Division in Redondo Beach, CA.
In support of Rapid Development Space Programs, the Senior Principal Mission Engineer will act as a program MA lead for a smaller space program or in a lead support role to the MA Manager within a larger space program. As the program MA representative, you will have to wear multiple hats across the entire program lifecycle and interface with all levels of program and customer leadership. Help define and monitor the MA program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of the program. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure MA. Is responsible for MA task delegation, coordinating staffing and establishing budgets and spend plans.
Candidate ensures Mission and Quality Assurance support throughout the development, review, delivery, and maintenance cycles for program SDRL deliverables, internal plans, Gate Reviews, and risk-based process audits. Works with the extended R&RP MA team and program management teams to define, gather, evaluate, and effectively present process and quality metrics, as applicable, to assist with program efficiency, effectiveness, and continuous improvement in support of current and future Rapid Development Programs. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 9 years experience in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills and the confidence to brief senior management
- Previous experience/exposure in Quality and/or Mission Assurance principles
- Current and active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Previous Rapid Development Program experience
- Record of increasing responsibility and leadership supporting manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, and Integration & Test engineering organizations
- Experience or understanding across multiple functions of Mission Assurance to include: supplier assurance, subcontracts, mechanical and electrical manufacturing, integration & test, and software assurance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.